Chief & Council Members 2015-2017
OATH OF OFFICE
As a member of the M’Chigeeng First Nation Council I will:
1. Uphold the integrity and dignity of M’Chigeeng First Nation.
2. Be an active member of the elected Chief and Council.
3. Never exercise authority or interfere as a Councillor except when acting in a meeting with the full Council or as delegated by the Council.
4. Represent the interests of all Band Members.
5. If my elected position and private interests constitute a conflict of interest, I will declare this to the Chief and Council, who will direct in which manner, this may be resolved.
6. Not disclose confidential information in my duty as a Council Member.
7. Approach all First Nation issues with an open and conscientious mind, and will be prepared to make the best decision for the betterment of the M’Chigeeng First Nation.
8. I will follow the seven grandfather teachings; Wisdom, Love, Respect, Bravery, honesty, Humility and Truth
Linda Debassige, Chief
Brian Bisson, Deputy Chief
Ray Corbiere, Councillor
Sam Debassige, Councillor
Debbie Debassige, Councillor
Thomas Hare, Councillor
Forry Hare, Councillor
Bev Roy-Carter, Councillor
Henry Panamick Sr., Councillor
Lets consider the following:
• Is our decision strategic in nature?
• Is there a community need (What defines a community need?)
• Is it part of our Comprehensive Community Plan?
• Budget and associated cost (short/long term)?
• Is there Legal implications?
• What are the applicable Codes/policies
• What are the impacts (short and Long term)
• Is there a historical record (Experience -/+)
• Is there two sides to this
• Timing: will results be seen in the short-term (this year), or long term (5-10 yrs)
• How are we going to implement this
• Are we being pressured into making this decision
• Is this a Management/Committee/Council or Community Decision?
ORDER OF COUNCIL MEETINGS - THE FOLLOWING PROCESS HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED:
Any items for Council Agenda are to be submitted in writing no less than one (1) week prior to meeting, preferably two (2) weeks to adequately prepare, and allow for department/staff follow-up. The following is the format for the Council Meeting Agenda:
1.0 Approval of Agenda
2.0 Declaration of Conflict of Interest
4.0 Consent Agenda
5.0 Priority and New Business
6.0 Unfinished Business
7.0 Future Meetings/Events
8.0 External Organization/Political Attendance
......HAS MOVED TO THE PUBLIC RECORDS PAGE .