CHIEF AND COUNCIL
OATH OF OFFICE
As a member of the M’Chigeeng First Nation Council I will:
1. Uphold the integrity and dignity of M’Chigeeng First Nation.
2. Be an active member of the elected Chief and Council.
3. Never exercise authority or interfere as a Councillor except when acting in a meeting with the full Council or as delegated by the Council.
4. Represent the interests of all Band Members.
5. If my elected position and private interests constitute a conflict of interest, I will declare this to the Chief and Council, who will direct in which manner, this may be resolved.
6. Not disclose confidential information in my duty as a Council Member.
7. Approach all First Nation issues with an open and conscientious mind, and will be prepared to make the best decision for the betterment of the M’Chigeeng First Nation.
8. I will follow the seven grandfather teachings; Wisdom, Love, Respect, Bravery, honesty, Humility and Truth
Oath Of Office Live Stream Saturday April 7, 2018
CHIEF AND COUNCIL MEETING DATES
Chief & Council Meetings are not scheduled as of yet. This is determined at the housekeeping meeting Thursday April 19, 2018.
Watch Council Meetings.
Lets consider the following:
• Is our decision strategic in nature?
• Is there a community need (What defines a community need?)
• Is it part of our Comprehensive Community Plan?
• Budget and associated cost (short/long term)?
• Is there Legal implications?
• What are the applicable Codes/policies
• What are the impacts (short and Long term)
• Is there a historical record (Experience -/+)
• Is there two sides to this
• Timing: will results be seen in the short-term (this year), or long term (5-10 yrs)
• How are we going to implement this
• Are we being pressured into making this decision
• Is this a Management/Committee/Council or Community Decision?
Chief & Council Members 2018-2020