Chief & Council 2015-2017
Oath of Office Ceremony - October 5, 2015
OATH OF OFFICE
As a member of the M’Chigeeng First Nation Council I will:
1. Uphold the integrity and dignity of M’Chigeeng First Nation.
2. Be an active member of the elected Chief and Council.
3. Never exercise authority or interfere as a Councillor except when acting in a meeting with the full Council or as delegated by the Council.
4. Represent the interests of all Band Members.
5. If my elected position and private interests constitute a conflict of interest, I will declare this to the Chief and Council, who will direct in which manner, this may be resolved.
6. Not disclose confidential information in my duty as a Council Member.
7. Approach all First Nation issues with an open and conscientious mind, and will be prepared to make the best decision for the betterment of the M’Chigeeng First Nation.
8. I will follow the seven grandfather teachings; Wisdom, Love, Respect, Bravery, honesty, Humility and Truth